The 14th Annual GLL Preston Sports Awards took place on 22nd March at The Guild Hall, Preston.
The night was opened by a spectacular performance from the winners of Preston’s Primary Schools’ Dance Festival, Sherwood Primary School, and was hosted by Granada Reports’ Paul Crone, and Derek Langley.
Congratulations to all of the winners from Preston’s Sports Awards who were as follows:
- Coach of the Year Sponsored by BMW Bowker: Daniel Jude (Larches and Savick Boxing Club)
- Sports Club of the Year Sponsored by Surridge Sport: Preston Netball Club
- Volunteer of the Year* (aged 14-24 years) Sponsored by Frank Whittle Partnership: Zuleikha Chikh (various clubs and organisations)
- Volunteer of the Year (aged 25 years plus) Sponsored by the Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership at University of Central Lancashire: Laura Rushton (Various Clubs)
- Young Achiever* (Under-21s) Sponsored by Millers Taxis: Jayla Stocks (City of Preston Gymnastics Club)
- Achievement/ Performance of the Year Junior Male Sponsored by Ashton Joinery: Daniel Wilson (Various Cricket Clubs)
- Achievement/ Performance of the Year Junior Female Sponsored by The Flower Bowl Entertainment Centre: Bethany Ellis (Preston Table Tennis Association)
- Achievement Performance of the Year Senior Sponsored by Shout Network: Michael Aspinall (Gymnastics and Trampolining)
- Sport for All award Sponsored by Preston North End Community and Education Trust: Darryl McNichol (Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre)
- Team Performance of the Year Junior Sponsored by Preston Sports Forum: Preston Harriers – Under 13’s Girls 4 x 100m Sprint relay team
- Team Performance of the Year Senior Sponsored by Real Care Support : Preston Swimming Club Masters Squad.
- School of the Year Primary School Sponsored by Go Velo: St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- School of the Year Secondary School Sponsored by Wallwork Nelson and Johnson: Christ the King Catholic HS
- Community Organisation of the Year Sponsored by Ambulant Physiotherapy Ltd : Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre and Football Club
- Higher/ Further Education Team of the Year Sponsored by Preston City Council: Preston’s College Football Academy.
- Special Recognition/ Service to Sport Sponsored by UCLan: Deborah Gardner (Preston Netball Club)
- Lifetime Achievement Sponsored by Greenwich Leisure Ltd – Joint award Eamonn McNamara and Peter Warden.
We look forward to seeing some of the winners at the Lancashire Sports Awards in November.