The Lancashire Sports Awards, have been developed in partnership with each of Lancashire's local authorities in order to celebrate sporting achievement and showcase best practice throughout the County. The Awards aim to pay tribute to those, young and old, that show dedication to perform at the highest level or those who work tirelessly to support individuals or clubs week in, week out, for the love of sport.
The 2017 Lancashire Sports Awards venue is The Hilton Hotel Blackpool on Friday 24th November 2017.
Each Local Authority in Lancashire has been hosting its own awards competition, seeking nominations in some or all of the following categories;
- Active Workplace of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- Community Project of the Year
- Contribution to Women's Participation
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Adult Volunteer of the Year
- Primary School of the Year
- Secondary School of the Year
- Young Achiever of the Year
- Service to Disability Sport
- Lifetime Achievement - Commitment to Sport
The winner of each category in every local authority is automatically put forward to the County Awards, with the winners being announced at the Lancashire Sports Awards. To nominate in your local sports awards please visit the NOMINATE section of the website.